Friday, June 15, 2012

new job!

today was the last day of my 7 week unpaid placement.. 
last weekend i was looking forward to taking a week off after and then start the job hunt late june..
on tuesday i interviewed for a full time contract position (completely awkward.. my supervisor and her manager were doing the interview)..
yesterday they told me they needed to call my references..
today they offered me the job! i accepted the offer right away.. signed the papers and i get to start monday already!
i guess i wont get a week to lounge around and relax but i am unreasonably excited to start right away!
honestly, its an amazing opportunity for me. its working in a hospital (i've dreamed of it forever - although what i've wanted to do in a hospital has constantly changed from a doctor/surgeon to a research student to an human.resources position - its still been my dream).. its 40 hours a week, 8am to 4pm monday to friday.. no weekend shifts! a 5 minute walk from my house and also i'll be working with some amazing people (and i love that they are all around my age -  we have a lot in common)
its only a contract position but it could turn into something permanent.. i guess i just need to wait and see! 
im going to be a working girl! making my own income (at something other than a part time, minimum wage job)
out of our class of 50 im not sure how many got job offers out of their placements but i doubt its even half. im completely shocked mine turned into a position actually! .. and in other good news.. terry got a job offer too! im entirely proud of him (and he'd probably say im lame for mentioning that in this post - but its true)! now at least we will have some disposable income :) 
thats my good news!
have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...