Wednesday, December 26, 2012

not a white christmas

its boxing day here in canada! the day after christmas - here we call it boxing day - is usually day three of christmas festivities. i hope everyone had a wonderful christmas (or anything you and your family celebrate at this time of the year). although this christmas was a little less hectic and eventful than other christmas's (and there was no real SNOW) i had a great christmas and santa (and my family) was way too good to me. in the past we had something going on on christmas eve, christmas day and on boxing day. this year there was nothing planned for christmas eve (and i actually didn't make it to the boxing day event my uncle had planned). for me it was just christmas day - entirely fine by me!..
christmas morning - i woke up around 8:30 (shortly after my mom and my sister). when we wake up on christmas morning, we are allowed to empty our stockings. when we were younger and used to wake up way before our parents the rules were - we could go down to the living room and open anything in our stockings but were not allowed to touch anything under the tree. traditions stick, we still are allowed to open only our stockings until everyone in the house is awake. more often then not (recently) - our parents are up before all three of us (my sisters and i) are up.
 the presents are packed all under (and beside) the tree

 even the little fluff ball got spoiled this year
 guinness goes for the squirrel
most of guinness' presents were just placed in a bag under the tree. thats normal id assume - why would you wrap gifts for a dog?! well my sister decided to be different - she decided to wrap the present she got guinness. guinness was a pro at unwrapping the present. he dug his teeth in and ripped the paper right off that gift.






he's content with the gift .. he worked hard to get it. it kept him distracted why we opened our gifts

after we opened our gifts we had our usual christmas breakfast - eggs benedict for my family and an english muffin toasted with butter for me! (i dont like eggs). around noon terry came over and we exchanged gifts. he spoiled me too - i absolutely had no idea what he had for me.. complete surprise! i think he liked his gift too! :) terry and i took guinness for a christmas day walk and we watched a movie with my sisters. we prepped for my dads side's family christmas dinner we were hosting - small gathering this year, only my grandma and my aunt, uncle and my three cousins. all the other aunts/uncles and cousins couldn't make it this year!
then came the turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, broccoli casserole, carrots, STUFFING, gravy and dinner rolls (with lots of wine). followed by pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie and home made christmas cake (rum cake?). oh and tea and coffee! lots of food! way too much! but all delicious.
after dinner we played our usual gift game (in which everyone ends up with a small gift) - tradition. although it a much smaller gathering this year (considering we were missing 9 family members who are usually there on christmas day) and despite the fact i am bitter about the lack of snow.. christmas was fun and filled with great conversation and everything good and special!

i hope santa was good to you and your tummy is full with lots and lots of great food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...