Tuesday, October 2, 2012

apple picking

its october! i believe october marks the first month of fall (although i've always considered september more fall-like then summer-like - probably because with september starts school). october/september is all about the fun, love and food.. according to me that is. since its my first fall with a full time job i find it a bit more difficult to get into the usual routines of fall photography and all sorts of baking with pumpkins. mmm pumpkin spice muffins! 
i did get a chance to go apple picking though! its become a tradition over the past few years and i love it. i'm never really sure when the best time to go apple picking is. we always seems to go around september or october but this year by mid september there were only courtland and gala apples available. no macintosh, my favourite!

two empty baskets ready to be filled with apples!



 



we ended up spending about $87.00 on apples! i think it was about $1.29 per pound so thats a fair amount of apples! my mom made an apple pie and an apple crisp for dessert. i was apple to make an apple pie for terry and his parents and my sister also took some back to school with her for her and her house mates.
while we were driving back home my dad accused my mom, my sister and i for stealing apples! we each ate an apple while we were there.. one we didn't pay for. we laughed about it but he does have a valid point. imagine how much money this farm is out if every single person eats one apple each time they visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...