Friday, October 12, 2012

.. to the quiet chaos driving me mad

when i started blogging this was easy - i always had something to say, i always knew what to write. it has become difficult and its driving me crazy. so many thoughts go on in my brain, i want to write about them but sometimes this is not the place. i've created a blog with one intention but i feel i ruined that the second i told anyone about it. 
some blogs are fashion blogs, some are diaries, some are to create awareness, many are lifestyle. this blog is a lifestyle blog - my life, my style... i write about anything in my life worth writing about. i find writing about my days easy - especially when there are pictures involved. writing about books i love, my opinions of controversial topics, holidays i spend with the people that matter to me  -  these are easy. what i find most difficult to write about are my thoughts and/or feelings. when writing about feelings it is important not to come off as some crazy, unstable, psycho girl craving attention. trust me.. thats hard! its hard to write about "feelings" without me sounding like some lovey-dovey, emotional wreck trying to get attention online from virtual strangers. im serious here - thats not the kind of person i am and its not the kind of person i want to be online either. in all honesty, i am  extremely emotional, overly sensitive, melodramatic - whichever term you choose to use - but i am in no way emotional (and on the verge of being unreasonable) to strangers or even distant friends - i save that for the people closest to me.
i guess im justifying this: the fact that im not writing as much is become emotionally there is way too much going on in my life.  the science student i am cannot organize the thoughts nice and lyrical like in order to smartly place them here (so to not come off as overly dramatic). i choose therefore, to not get overly emotional here. i choose not to write about what is personal yet constantly encapsulating my active thoughts. 

1 comment:

  1. chrissy,
    Isn't it difficult to negotiate the personal and private boundaries of blogging? And writing one changes when people you know start reading it. I was talking to a fellow blogger recently and she told me that "authentic stories connect us." And that statement really resonated with me. Authenticity - no matter how emotional or melodramatic it may seem - is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...