Thursday, October 13, 2011

awkward and awesome

awkward:
- standing in line at starbucks and having some random lady take a strand of hair off the shoulder of my shirt and stare at me the rest of the time we are in line.. 
- i was walking to my friends house, its about 8:30 pm and dark out, and i hear some kids sitting on a lawn laughing.. then this one kid walks up to me, knees bend and arms and head swinging and hes growling/making weird noises (and im pretty sure he was wearing a mask). his friend is laughing the whole time as he keeps following me to the edge and along the edge of his lawn.. lol weird! i looked at him for a second and just kept walking.. 
- different time at starbucks.. i wait in the line for practically 20 minutes (the campus starbucks is always ridiculous) and i order my mocha (or more specifically tall non-fat, half-sweet, no whip cafe mocha). i grab it and as im about to put the lid..  i spill my drink all down the counter. the girl at starbucks looked at me irritated and threw me a friggen cloth! lol i know it was my fault.. but i think that seems a bit rude. so i clean it up and start to walk away and then i realized how much i really wanted the mocha.. so i went back, prepared to buy another one.. but another lady just ordered me a new one.. no pay.. the really awkward thing is.. the same bitter lady had to make my drink again and rolled her eyes at me when she realized it was for me. 
- me public speaking or making any form of presentation
- mosquito bites on your face
- seeing someone you recognize but not knowing where you know them from.. even after hearing their name (trying to come up with a topic of discussion is horrible when you have no idea where you know them) 


awesome:
- my boss accommodated my work schedule perfectly for the next two weeks.. 11 hours during midterm week and 42 hours during reading week!
- cheques in mail!
- hanging out with bugs and lily (both 1/2 jack russells, 1/2 pug).. i they are adorable
- pumpkin ice cream with reese peanut butter cups in it (from marble slab)
- i booked a hair appointment for tomorrow at 1! i haven't had my hair cut in so long because ive been growing it.. but it always looks/feels so much healthier when its cut!
- coffee dates with old friends
- got my starbucks reward card (via) so i can benefit from my love of starbucks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...