Friday, October 28, 2011

fallen leaves bring halloween

i got my costume today and im so excited to wear it! its totally last minute since the halloween party im going to is tomorrow night and i work from 10 am until 5:30 tomorrow, leaving me no time to costume shop. i promised meg id go costume shopping with her, its kind of been a tradition of our since ive met her, so since shes coming to hamilton for the party tomorrow, i figured it was fair i go to toronto to costume shop. meg knew what she wanted to dress up as.. i had no idea.  just before going to toronto i was talking to my mom and kind of had an idea of something i may be.. lucky me though, the first stop, a thrift store and i found exactly what i was looking for (not telling!) and it was 6.99! and then i saw a sign "October 28, all clothing 50% off" perfect!.. 
kay i'll stop there since im not telling anyone what im dressing up as yet.. just wanted to say i got my costume.. and it was $3.49. i just need to get one more item.. after that its just accessories and the make-up.. but im sure either my mom or i have that stuff. 
along with getting my costume we carved our pumpkins today! it was my first time actually fully carving my own pumpkin.. the last four years i was living in student housing and no one in our house (including me) ever carved/bought a pumpkin to put out. and before that ive pretty sure ive just de-gutted a pumpkin.. never really carved one.
 de-gutting the pumpkin.. 
my favourite part

 dads pumpkin (he likes to make them friendly looking)
 my pumpkin
its totally lopsided.. but it makes it creepier
 i think its freaky
i submitted it to rachaels pumpkin carving contest
check out the other pumpkins
and some roasted pumpkin seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...