Thursday, November 17, 2011

i'll disregard that fact..

yesterday i was in the car with my friend and my dad called. i had a normal conversation with my dad and when i finished the conversation my friend asked who i was talking to.. when she found out i was talking to my dad shes like.. what! are you always that nice to your parents?!.. umm yeah?! why wouldn't i be? then she asked me if ive ever had a fight with my parents.. i thought i had before, but then i started thinking about it more.. i really dont think i have.. ever.. either with my sisters. actually i dont even think ive ever had a fight with a friend. i guessin answering this question it kind of depends what you consider a fight... but my friends impression of a fight was a full on screaming argument, a lack of conversation for a couple of days (in other words; the silent treatment) or insulting the other in some way.  and for this definition.. no ive never experienced this with my parents, sisters or friends. ive never insulted my parents/sisters or friends with the intention of hurting them, ive never ignored them or yelled in a condescending way, never have physically fought with or screamed at them. sure.. ive had minor disagreements with these people and ive definitely experienced the whole "i really cant be around you right now because i may say something i will regret later".. but never had a "fight" in a way that coincides with my friends definition of the term.
i dont like confrontation. i avoid it. im easy going and i like being that way. if i dont like the way someone is acting i will leave, if i dont agree with what they are doing/saying.. i may calmly state my opinion or disregard the information, through silence or ignorance. im opinionated but i can often sense when my opinion may cause confrontation and if there is a risk of that.. i wont express it..
i build strong friendships and i have an amazing relationship with my family. i think this is because im contra-confrontational.. yup thats me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...