Monday, November 21, 2011

life with a doggie

guinness is almost 7 months, this i can't believe. i got him when he was 10 weeks old and 6 lbs (here) and despite me living life almost 24 years without a pup, i cant imagine how life would be without him now. he is 23 lbs and curlier than i ever imagined he would be.. im more attached then i thought id be to an animal. i guess once you have a dog you get used to the little areas in your life he fills with his wagging tail, his excited foot prints and his "pay attention to me" barks. 
when i come home from school, he wants me to pick him up (even though he is too much of a fatty for me to pick him up) and greet him. when i do he sits contently in my arms. when im ignoring him because i dont want to play, he stares with his puppy eyes and when i have time to play, he has his puppy smile on.. he snuggles by my feet at night and he wakes me up seconds before my alarm. he has the same love for iams puppy biscuits as i have for red velvet cupcakes, and im pretty sure he even knows how to spell treats. hes my puppy and im one of his family members..
this pup is also there to greet my dad when he comes home from work, with his tail wagging so fast he cant even walk. hes so sad to see my mom go for her daily morning walk that he lazily lays down on the jacket she has placed our living room chair, to prevent her from leaving.. he knows she needs that jacket. when my sisters come home every once in a while from school, guinness doesn't keep his eyes off them (while he practically ignores my parents and i who he sees every day).. 
when some of us hop in the car guinness jumps right in.. as much as he may not like car rides, he would rather be with us then be without us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...