Wednesday, August 24, 2011

in the belly of the beast

our roadtrip to quebec was nice and relaxing which is exactly what i think we all needed but i do want to clarify something. travelling with a dog is not necessarily ideal. as much as i love guinness and was not going to leave him in a kennel, i was prepared to stay home with him while my family went on vacation. my dad, shocking as it may seem, insisted that guinness and i go on the trip too (he wanted it to be the whole family). he found hotels that accommodated animals and even called to make sure. he found out that there were two rules. one the dog could not be left in the room alone at any point even in a crate and two we were to pay for any damages if the animal were to damage anything. since it was a roadtrip, we risked having to stop every few minutes for puppy bathroom false alarms, also we would not all be able to go out for dinner together, no museums, galleries etc.
so throughout the car ride guinness amazed us all. he slept most of it. in the hotel he amazed us and on the hikes he further impressed. the only thing that somewhat swayed in between sucking and cool is that i (my dog, my responsibility) missed out on dinners at restaurants. i love food and i love going out for dinner at nice and different restaurants so it kind of sucked to have to stay back at the room with guinness while my sisters and parents were out for a nice dinner or lunch. the cool or less sucky thing about it is i got to hang out with guinness for some quiet me (or me and guinness) time ohh and order room service. 
 room service for me - kibble for guinness
 me awkward face.. him adorable face
good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...