Monday, August 8, 2011

who would have known how bittersweet this would taste

i dont feel any older, not really. the number of my age increased by a full year but im only a day older than i was yesterday. isn't it funny how that works, one day to celebrate your year.. i like it that way though. i love how the celebration is at the beginning of your year, not the end.. its celebrating the year to come. im excited for my 24th year i really think im going to like being 24. it started out pretty good.. i had the whole weekend off work. 

saturday was my actual birthday. it rained all day but it was relaxing and i loved it. my sister made some oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast... they are the most amazing pancakes i have ever had, most people dont think about oatmeal when it comes to making pancakes but i highly advise it they are perfect. i read and watched a movie while my dad set up my new bookshelf and dresser (you know those build it yourself ones from ikea - i love ikea) and my mom made me a blue velvet cake.. 
i requested blue velvet. something a little different than my red velvet usual (my favourite food of life possibly) but just as amazing tasting
around 7:30 we went out for dinner to a place in burlington called the stone house. it is fancy and i kind of loved it! i had whole wheat linguine primavera.. delish.. after dinner we can back home and ate some birthday cake and i opened presents! i got the nikon d3000 ive wanted since last christmas! i cant wait too use it! after i went out with some friends and played apples to apples.. that is one interesting game 

sunday i decided to have a barbecue. my parents were away for the day and my sisters both worked. meagan came down early, we went to the grocery store, lcbo and all that. we made our own burgers, beef burgers and veggie burgers (well techically meg made the beef burgers and diana made the veggie burgers) and we made some nacho dip.. it was fun! just a small barbecue! tia and brandon brought salad, james brought delicious corn on the cob and jamie brought me wine! the weather cleared up by about dinner which worked out perfectly since it was raining all morning. we all ended up watching big brother. andrew came late and brought me a rather unthoughtful gift lol.. a giant four foot stuffed monkey in a banana.. its weird and i dont know what to do with it..

i love the people in my life currently

organizing my new bookshelf i realized how much room i have for more books!
all shelves can be full

and my new dresser is all clear.. ill try and keep it that way
guinness had an exciting day with all the visitors
ohh only the black blob is real.. the rest are stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...