Wednesday, July 13, 2011

in this semi charmed life

the term "best friend" i kind of dont like. i know i say it sometimes, ive mentioned some of my "best friends" in some of my posts, but i really dont view these people as only best friends. when i was younger i had a specific best friend one year and it was someone else the next year (sometimes it was the same friend for 3 or 5 years). it was a title given to a person i hung out with most or liked the most. as we get older things change. i have so many amazing friends and im going to consider these people all as best friends at some point in my life.. maybe its because im with them most or i have shared something huge with them. again.. everyone i willingly hang out with, share stories with, laugh with and cry with are worth it to me and are amazing people. 
okay now i have just said that all my friends are super cool and i may call them my best friends at some point because they are some of the best people i know.. but i want to mention four people who i cannot imagine life without.. these people are more than just best friends, they are my sisters (literally and not), they are my confidants, my sidekicks, my heros. they help me get through this semi charmed life. meagan. tia. diana. becky. there is no order to them, they all fill in number one. 
diana and becky are my sisters (in a literal share half my dna way). i look up to both of them even though they are younger than me and the importance these two have in my life is beyond description. i have most memories with them. they are my dance partners and my first line support system. 
there is tia. tia and i are so much alike its strange. we often have the same ideas, same sarcastic tone and easy going personality because of this im pretty sure she understands me more than pretty much anyone else. i can talk to her about anything and she listens. she gives advice without judgment and is the first person i call if i want a coffee break or just need to chat. she is getting married this september and because she means the world to me this is such an exciting time in my life too.. :)
the fourth person is meagan. we are pretty much fire/water.. leo/gemini kind of friends.. we think differently, we have very few of the same interests, habits, hobbies and views. she loves makeup i hate it. i like spencer reid she likes derek morgan. i shop at american eagle, her at guess.. i think you get my point. despite our differences meagan is the one who knows me best. i tell her the most, even though because we are so different we argue. this girl can read my mind, she can tell when im lying or hiding something. she goes out of her way to cheer me up when im upset. she is the one i drag along to my favourite bookstores and small towns. i travel with her, bake with her, watch illegally pirated movies with her. she is my hero. she thinks before she speaks and considers every implication before giving me advice. 
this post is not a call out to anyone. it is not to make anyone feel less important than they are to me. if i consider someone a friend it means they mean a lot to me. the four i mentioned are whom i am closest with and who will be mentioned most in my posts because of this.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...