Monday, July 4, 2011

my misson

i really want a puppy. ive wanted one for years now but i knew it was a bad time for me to get one. first i lived in res than i lived in student housing with some friends, then i couldn't afford one. now i can afford one and im living at home and im going to probably be attending a post grad program in a college near by. i wont be too far away from home and i can come back to my house between classes if needed. i was debating on a yorkiepoo or a cockapoo but i prefer the size of the cockapoo. any breed crossed with a poodle is highly recommended if shedding is a concern or if you've never owned a dog before. i've decided the cocker spaniel/ poodle cross is perfect for me.. 15-25 pounds depending on the parents, not too much shedding, easy to train, since its a smaller dog it is acceptable as an apartment dog. i dont live in an apartment but my house isn't that big and i dont want a dog that needs to live in a mansion and needs exercise every 40 minutes. its no guard dog but thats fine i dont need one. i think i have the most time to train a dog now in my life then i probably will in the future. my aunt is even helping me by talking to dog breeders she knows and asking her dogs vet information on cockapoos. i love her for that!.. i know dogs are expensive and the time investment is large but i would love a dog. when i move out in a year or few, when i can afford to, i would like a dog to come with me! 
my problem is my dad.. hes not a dog person and see there is a difference between him not wanting a dog because he doesn't want the responsibilities and him not wanting a dog because he doesn't want one in the house. the first i can deal with, he wont be responsible for the dog, i will, i will walk the dog feed the dog pay for vet appointments and train the dog. its its the second reason i cant change his mind as easily. i think he thinks having a dog will ruin our furniture and hardwood floors. booo! im hoping i can convince him to let me get a puppy!.. ahhhh! dilemma!
have a good monday!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...